Monday, August 1, 2011

David Wright Top 10: #5

That's it, contest closed! I think it'll be fun giving this set away as we move forth with the countdown!

One thing before we get started, are there any Mets hits in A&G this year? I haven't seen one in any Gint a Cuffs posts and while I haven't looked at a checklist, I'm beginning to wonder. I'm not desperately seeking one, but I mean, if anyone has one that they wanna trade, I'd be interested.

#5- 2010 Topps Chrome "Refractor"
If I would have been allowed to enter my contest, I would have picked this card. I fucking love this card. As I'm writing this, I wanna bump it up and make it my #1, but the next 4 have alot of sentimental stuff going on. And one of them is like, crazy low numbered and I didn't even know it at first.

Anyways look at this card.
Gorgeous!!!

I've always had an affinity for fielding, since that was what I was good at as a kid, and this card is just an awesome shot. You could really plug in any of the different versions I have and it would all be comparable (Flagship base, gold, chrome base etc.) but the refractor is the flashiest I have as of now, so that gets to carry the group.

So there we are, only four more to go and three of the four were guessed!

(...Joe)
p.s- I've been using Blogger to upload photos now, rather than photobucket, so you can enlarge the picture by clicking on it. I don't know if anyone really cares or not, but just in case I figured I'd throw it out there.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have the regular refractor, but I do have the orange refractor. The orange on the Mets card is great, but add it to the sweet picture and the card is spectacular. I would love to get the blue refractor to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of that action shot also, gotta give props to the photog on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Blue would be Uhmazing! I've gotta ebay that later tonight.

    ReplyDelete