Starbucks girl- "Is that all?"
Me- "Yup yup"
SG- "Are you sure?"
Me- "Pretty sure"
SG- "Are you positivie?"
Me- "...I'm HIV positive"
hard blank stares from everyone in the store
"No one here watches South Park? Really? OK, well... nevermind then."
As most of the universe we've created here knows, Nachos Grande went on a Lineage ripping spree, so being the vulture I am, I asked him if he had a Mets team set I can trade for. I'm sure he's got 10 or 12 complete sets by now, but I figured I'd ask nice.
Codeword: Platypus
When I first got back into collecting, 2007 Topps Chrome was a set I latched onto. I put the entire base set together (now with hiflew) by busting box after box and along the way I pulled an Alex Gordon auto, a really big deal back then... not so much now. Luckily, I finally found someone who actually wanted the thing and it resulted in my first trade with Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle.
Up next is a trade I just recieved in the mail the other day. Imagine that! I bought a 1967 Steve Carlton a loooong time ago and it just sat there in my trade bait page, like a dog looking for a home. Finally, I found it one.
Only 2 more to go here so stick with me, it'll be worth it. We're gonna take a look at some goodness from Cheap Card Collecting. I sent him some Giants and a Mel Ott jersey for a card to be named later. He completed the transaction with this...
Last up, we have a trade with reader Ryan. The trade was for a Bronze Wright Gypsy Queen. I didn't have any of these cards before this trade, now I do
This was another random throw in that turned out to be a big card for me. I was toying with putting this card up on my top 10 most wanted list but then out of the blue, it arrives
So thanks again to everyone for the great trades!!! But that's not all for this post yet. This was a long one, 5 trades in one post and I know that trade posts aren't exactly everyone's favorite read. But here's the deal, if you made it this far then you're entered in a contest to win a complete set of 2006 Flair Showcase. It's the base set, cards #1-100, so no SPs, but still it's a set and it's free. All you have left to do is leave a comment with the codeword. It's up the page a bit and if you read this through, you should know what I'm talking about since I didn't hide it at all and it was more random than I usually am. So leave a comment with the code word, but don't mention the contest in the comment, only the code and whatever other thoughts you may have!

(...Joe)

you're an odd one Joe... not as odd as a Platypus or anything... but odd just the same.
ReplyDeleteI like it!
Nice work weirding out the Starbucks girl. I disagree with Captain Canuck, you just might be odder than a Platypus.
ReplyDeleteI really like those GQ Green Border cards. I won a lot of 6 from Napkin Doon awhile back, and now I'm hooked and have to at least try to get the Cardinals.
How awesome would it have been if the girl at Starbucks had responded with "well we beter get all of the cash out of this register and inject it!"
ReplyDeleteThe only thing funnier than being HIV Positive is being a Platypus. And thanks again for the trade and the sweeeet Gordon Auto!
ReplyDeleteThe fact that the SG had to ask 3 questions for 1 item..she deserved what she got!! LOL
ReplyDelete