Sunday, July 24, 2011

David Wright Top 10: #9

No time for witty banter to precede the card. Well, there's time but I made the mistake of sitting down with the box of Rice Krispies Treats rather then just take out one or two. Brand new box of 16, just opened and there's 4 left. I may die tonight...

#9- 2001 Upper Deck Prospect Premier


You'd be hard pressed to find any real difference in the design between '01 and '09 Upper Deck. I bought this card from Mike Pelfrey Collectibles when he had his fire sale after deciding to leave the hobby. There's another card later in the countdown that also has a tie to the MPC sale but it's a secret for now.

As far as I know, this is the earliest Wright card out there. It'd be tough to have one before this as he was drafted in '01, but with brands like Bowman it wouldn't surprise me if there are cards of players from High School out there. It's only a matter of time...

(...Joe)

2 comments: