We're gonna start off with the goods. The hits and all else interesting. And before we get into it let me say this...
Best
Break
EVER!!!
Someone's about to be very VERY fucking happy!
Lets get started...
David Wright "Solo Shots" #/275 (jersey)
First up a neato new Wright for my collection. I'm happy I pulled something for myself, as selfish as that sounds.
Joe Mauer/Justin Morneau "Dual Distinction" #/99 (jerseys)
A nice dual relic from the Twin superstars! No one claimed the Twins, so this is up for trade.
Freddy Sanchez "Prime Time Patches" #/99
Another team that went unclaimed, so another hit up for trade. The Game Used cards look great in this set, which I can not say for 99% of everything else out there. The patch cards are thick as all hell, but for a nice design and good cuts, fuck it, I'll deal with it.
We did get shorted a Game Used card, but in that same box we got a parallel #/25. I'm not sure if that's supposed to take the other GU place, but from what I've seen in other breaks it's been the same situation. And after what we pulled from this, I'm no gonna complain one bit. You'll see...
Jason Bay #/99
Some parallel flavor now, with a Copper(?) version of Bay #/99 for the Red Sox.
Parallels come one per pack with this and all are numbered with Red being the most common at #/1199. The Reds are thicker, like you're typical GU cards while the other tiers are the same size as the normal base cards.
Jason Giambi #/99
Tim Lincecum Red#/1199 & Copper #/99
Two more Coppers and a Lincecum Red for the Rockies and Giants claimed by Shelliebee. I'm going out on a limb now and saying that Shellie's Giants are gonna be tough to beat in the contest. In addition to the two Lincecum parallels, we got an "Alone at the Top" Timmy insert.
Lincecum has a name that just never looks like you spelt it right.
Now remember that card that I mentioned before well here we go!
!
!!
!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Albert Pujols "Unique Bat Barrels" Game Used Auto #1/1
Not gonna lie. The second I pulled this card, I had my finger on the delete button to the blog. I would change my name, move out of country, marry a Swedish girl then divorce her. Shave my beard, then grow it back...
I cannot believe we pulled this card. Yeah, it's real and yeah, it's a 1/1. Congrats Madding!
(get it? "But wait, there's more!!!)Yeah, we still got more to go. The next two cards both go to the same guy.
Alex Rodriguez "Unparalleled Performance" Gold #/25
Does anyone else find it funny that the "unparalleled performance" cards have parallels?
AND
Johnny Damon
Alex Rodriguez
Robinson Cano
Triple Auto
#/10
Yeah, pretty sure that's why the dogs were growling dude!
This was without a doubt the 2 greatest boxes I have ever opened... ever! Congrats to Madding and BA Benny on the huge pulls and we'll get started with the contest aspect later tonight!!!
UPDATE: We'll start the contest tomorrow. Let's give this the night to sink in.
(...Joe)

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? and that is without a virgin.
ReplyDeleteNO WAY ON THE POOO HOLES! should have went Cards......but my Rockies and Giants.....not too shabby! WOO HOO
ReplyDeleteI'm speechless. I still can't believe it. I'm green w/ envy right now. Was there any Braves love at all in either box? You gotta hook me up w/ your source for these boxes so I can throw one or two in my next group break!
ReplyDeleteReally nice man! I'm still hoping for something cool from that Chrome box.
ReplyDeleteHoly Jesus. Maybe the best break ever.
ReplyDelete-regret-envy-
:-O
ReplyDeleteWow. That is just...wow. Amazing pull there, I would've been tempted to change my name and leave the country as well lol.
I bet I know your source - Beckett gave you those boxes, right?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Madding and BA Benny! Those are simply amazing.
--Jon
Amazing! I have no idea what to say.
ReplyDeleteOh crap... a bunch of you have my address! No thieving!
Lol (yes I came back to look at it again).
ReplyDeleteHey Madding, remember how you owe me for that thing I did for you that one time with the guy at the place? This would work as payment!
Amazing pulls...congrats to Madding and Benny! Way to go Joe!
ReplyDeleteWHY did I pass on this break??
ReplyDelete*shakes head*
Holy smokes. I will have to use my feminine charms on "madding" to get that Pujols card. Oh my oh my.
ReplyDelete(They'll have to be exceptional charms, though. Being his (AMAZING) girlfriend for almost 7 years is not enough. DAMNIT.)
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can not imagine the thrill of ripping those packs!
Never seen a real bat barrel card in person, those are NICE!
Congrats Madding! Congrats Mike!
You owe Joe a big thanks for not disappearing...
WOW!!! SSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe those pulls. That Pujols is Awesomely sick and my triple auto rocks! I have been luckey in the last few breaks I have been in and this just kicks it up a notch. I am glad you scored a cool hit too Joe, thanks for hosting. I would contact Topps and see if they will send something for the missing hit.