Sunday, July 25, 2010

More '64 Goodness!

I got my 2nd delivery of the '64 Topps Coins I picked up off the bay last week. After looking at all the listings ending soonest, I started getting frustrated with the shipping costs that the sellers were throwing up. I was staring at a consistent $3+ to ship one coin, with 9/10 sellers not combining shipping. I was stoked to be able to pick up a ton of coins for under $1 each, but then to have to triple the cost for each was a bit extreme for me.

I did one of those smart ass moves, where you go to the extreme of a situation to kind of say "fuck you", but then it actually turns out to be the perfect solution. Fed up with the shipping costs, I did a search for "free shipping only". I found exactly what I was looking for. I saw one coin I wanted, looked at his other listings and found he had hundreds of them! All free shipping!! All at great prices!!!

I picked up 10 from this guy alone including a giant piece that I now don't need to worry about!

Photobucket
These aren't that piece. I just wanted to show you guys a better look at what I was talking about in the first '64 post. The NL reps have a silver paint job with the AL getting a gold treatment.

Photobucket
3 HOFs from the back leg of the set, the All Stars. The Spahn is in near perfect condition and while I'm not so concerned about condition for this set, it's still cool to see that nice clean shiny one looking back at ya through the binder! Anyways, all 3 HOFs, all 3 combined cost less than $15. Nice.

Photobucket
And lastly for today, the big piece. Hank Aaron!!! I picked this up for only $10 and it gets a bigger part of this set out of the way. There's still one more Aaron in the set, in the All Star series, but I'm hoping to find it for around the same price. I definitely got a deal on this one and the AS coins usually go for less than the regulars do, so I'm thinking it should even out? Hopefully.

I've still got 2 more coming to me and then that'll wrap up my ebay excursion. Should be fun.

(...Joe)

No comments:

Post a Comment